Arctic Emergency: Scientists Speak
This film brings you the voices of climate scientists - in their own words.
Rising temperatures in the Arctic are contributing the melting sea ice, thawing permafrost, and destabilization of a system that has been called "Earth's Air Conditioner".
Global warming is here and is impacting weather patterns, natural systems, and human life around the world - and the Arctic is central to these impacts.
Scientists featured in the film include:
- Jennifer Francis, PhD. Atmospheric Sciences
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University.
- Ron Prinn, PhD. Chemistry
TEPCO Professor of Atmospheric Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Natalia Shakhova, PhD. Marine Geology
International Arctic Research Center, University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
- Kevin Schaefer, PhD.
Research Scientist, National Snow and Ice Data Center.
- Stephen J. Vavrus, PhD. Atmospheric Sciences
Center for Climatic Research, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Nikita Zimov, Northeast Science Station, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Jorien Vonk, PhD. Applied Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University
- Jeff Masters, PhD. Meteorology
Director, Weather Underground